Dating wurlitzer electric piano
Some of these models were given the designation 206/206A.
Many console models have recently been modified to 200/200A specification for use on stage.
The early models sustain pedals actually attached through the side of the instrument, with the pedal eventually being connected directly under the unit in the late 1950s.
The earliest versions were the "100" series; these had a case made from painted plywood and were fitted with a single loudspeaker mounted in the rear of the case.
Up to 48 individual student instruments could be connected together.
According to former Wurlitzer employee Bill Fuller, 75% of all universities used Wurlitzer piano labs in the late 1960s or early 1970s, and some facilities were still in operation as late as 2000.
The 106P was available as a set of eight on a folding frame, forming a portable keyboard lab.
All students listened to each of their instruments through headphones.The Wurlitzer electric piano, trademarked the "Electronic Piano" and referred to by musicians as the "Wurly", was one of a series of electromechanical stringless pianos manufactured and marketed by the Rudolph Wurlitzer Company of Corinth, Mississippi, U. Since then the Wurlitzer electric piano sound has been recreated on digital keyboards, and the vintage models are sought by musicians and collectors. The earliest models were made in 1954 and the last model was made in 1984.These usually had an upright-piano style soft pedal (actually an electronic attenuator) as well as the sustain pedal.The mechanism of these pianos is identical to that of the contemporary portable version.